Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Overall the year has been wonderful! I am not being sarcastic either, it really has. Here is a countdown of the 2009 blessings.
1. This is the biggest blessing our family could ever have received and that is the addition of our two littlest Taggards. We met them in april and have had nothing but joy since that day. It is hard to remember that we have not always had them in our lives since we all bonded so quickly and perfectly together. It is hard to see any hardships that have happened this year because of this huge blessing. (now I am crying, great)
2. $$$$$- I received a very large raise this year and it was needed in the biggest way. I have a great boss that works his hardest to make sure that his employees are taken care of and paid what they should be. For a state job this is wonderful.
3. Discovered mike is diabetic.... I know, but it is a blessing in disguise. I would much rather us find out when he is still young and not unhealthy than to find out when he has passed the point of no return on his health. All it took was a horrible couple of days in the ICU and the fear of his wife put in him to get him to start taking things seriously.
4. New Calling at church- I was called to be the Young Womens President and it has been a huge blessing to me. I was pushed out of my comfort zone and have been able to see myself grow both spiritually and emotionally. I have also been able to get to know other women in the church instead of getting to hide with the kids in primary. I have also learned that the girls in the program no matter what is going on stay in my heart and prayers. This is kind of big for me since I am not a very outwardly emotional person....I have even been able to start hugging the girls....agian, I have issues with touching. ( I really am a weird girl)
5. Family - We love the fact that most of our close family live within a few hours drive of us. It has been great being able to visit with our closest friends the Andrus Family. Eddie has been a huge factor in our lives for well over a decade and his wonderful wife and son are right up there with him. I know that they will not stay put very long but we hope to see them as much as possible while they are in arkansas. My parents and family in jacksonville have been so helpful to our family. They are always there when we need support or even a babysitter and that means so much to someone that has problems asking for help. Mikes parents and siblings are the same way. His parents travel up here to help us out whenever we ask and I am blessed because of that. There was one bad thing that happened. Justen and Amber moved to Fayettville.....Yeah, I am a little bitter. I loved that they were only an hour away and now they live 3 hours away....I am used to that with ed but not Justen. Really, they ought to be ashamed of themselves for not thinking of how I would feel about the move. It is all about me right?
6. Friends- We have really added to our list of friends in 2009. We are lucky to be in a ward at church that has lots of people around our age and it has been great getting to hang out with and chat with everyone. Mike and I have a habit of being homebodies and antisocial (as every parent ends up being) and it is nice to have people to talk to. Also, our friend Thomas moved back home to cabot and it is nice to have an old friend close by.
7. $$$$- again. yup it is kinda of an important part of our lives. Mike and I have been college students and poor for 8 of the 9.5 years of our marriage. (we really like to torture ourselves) and in january we were able to start up a savings account and it has been odd adjusting to two full incomes and being able to actually save money or do things like go to a movie or heck even buy groceries without wondering if the money is there to cover it. Ah....it is nice having no one in school.
8. Which brings me to......Mike made the decision to go back to school in the fall of 2010. I am excited that he is striving to acheive his goals and is even excited about starting. I am proud of him and know he will rock it.
9. We closed our home for foster care. This is another of those blessings that are hidden type things. We are sad that we will no longer be able to care for Gods children while the families work to put thier lives back in order but we know that we have done what the Lord wanted of us and now it is time to focus on completing our family and moving on. We cared for 11 children over 3 years and I miss them and hope that they are still the wonderful children they were when they left our home.
10. My Husband. Anyone that knows michael knows that every year he is in my life is a blessing. If not for him I would, Starve and die, be a hermit, let my heart turn to coal and my kids would not be nearly the wonderful kids they are. He truely is the perfect husband for me. I hope he knows that I love him and can not imagine my life without his witty sarcasm.
So these are some of my 2009 blessings. I hope they have not bored or offended anyone. This is just something I need to do to remind myself that with every bump the Lord does send blessings to us.
Monday, December 14, 2009
It really has been a busy couple of weeks. All of the court papers have been turned in for the whole custody thing and now we are just waiting for the judge to make a ruling on which family our son belongs with and then we can start on our adoption. It has really not been that bad. We are still going about as if nothing has happened and enjoying our new little family. It will all work out in the long run and hey Beau's delivery was not easy so why should I have thought that this "delivery" would be.
We got all of the Christmas decorations up and presents wrapped and under the tree and then starting making a ton of homemade treats. These treats have been really yummy and we are going to hand them out tonight for family home evening to friends and family. I made my traditional toffee, rocky road candy, chocolate covered pretzles, peppermint bark, pecan fudge and these thin mint tasting cookies. I was going to make peanut butter balls to but I have just candied my self out. I think I am going to die if I make anymore of the stuff. well, until next year anyways.
We are all getting excited about the different trips to visit family and friends over the christmas holidays and can't wait to see what we have all got wrapped under our tree. Princess still thinks that santa is living in one of her Tinkerbell wrapped presents so we might just have to get her a little santa wrapped under the tree.
The only thing I can think of that I have done the past cople of weeks was catch the biggest, baddest and ugliest cold ever. This sucker has been with me about a week and a half and has made my life a little less than fun. It finally reached a pinnacle late sunday night/early sunday when I was unable to really talk, breath or even walk a straight line. I would only curse this cold on those that cut me off in traffic everyday. Really, it has not been fun. I am at work today and have already almost gone through my jumbo box of tissues and a bag of cough drops. oh, and I smell like Vicks Vapo Rub.....I know sexy huh. Anyways, Heres hoping that the rest of my christmas season is healthy and keeps being wonderfully great!!!!
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Why is a mother not built with a back up battery supply to get her through a day of work after being up all night with a crying child.
As I listen to my kids I stop and wonder how many more years I will have to listen to the age old argument of who is touching who and who was playing with what first.
What magical power do kids have that no matter how upset you are once they kiss you and hug you it seems to melt away. Even if you know you should still be upset. (I think mike was a jedi and passed it on)
How can one nugget of poo make an entire house stink?
Why do I spend 20 minutes each morning on my daughters hair for her to immidiatly do a flip and mess it all up before we even walk out the door?
When my 2 year old smiles in his sleep what is he dreaming of?
Will my daughter always think her full name is princess Lili?
Why can my 8 year old remember every diolog from his favorite cartoon but not be able to recall me asking a bazillon times to put his cup in the sink?
I will tell you the answer to all of these questions.......I will never know. That is the answer. All I do know is that I have three of the worlds greatest kids and they nevre fail to make me laugh, smile or feel completly loved. I love being a mother.
Monday, November 9, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Monday, October 29, 2007
The story of why we are adoptiv and foster parents
By request I am going to tell you all a little story as to why we are foster parents.
Beau's Family Picture:
I have Poly Cystic Ovarian syndrom better known as PCOS. What does this do? Well, it makes you gain weight, lose hair and lots of other stuff but most of all it makes it really hard to have kids. But you had one right? Yes, Mike and I got pregnant very quickly after we got married and the doctor thought that the PCOS would reverse itself like it sometimes does with Women that manage to get Pregnant. It did not work. Mike and I tried and we were not getting any luck in having a baby. This was making me very depressed and Beau was starting to realize that being an only child was not his bag of candy. He even came up with an imaginary brother and when he killed a bug one day he freaked out saying that he killed his brother and.....well......anyone familar with my son knows this story and has shed a few tears for his imaginary brother. It was an issue for almost a year he would just start talking about it and crying. It was heartbreaking and it made me feel worse. I was the one that was broken and unable to give him a real sibling, so in my mind I was the one breaking his heart.
We will now skip to the end of the year in mourning for the dead imaginary brother and move into Beau's Three year old Preschool year. I had just gotten a job and we moved into a house out of our apartment. Mike and I had talked a little about adopting but had decided that while he was in school it would not be an option so we put it off. We never talked about this with Beau or even mentioned it around him. Well, he came home from school one day and had a family picture drawn and it was matted on construction paper and looked really nice. I was looking at it and noticed that there were lots of people in it and so I asked him who they were. He said that those were his brothers and sisters. Oh, no. Here we go again with the dead brother. Beau, I said, Remember that you don't have any brothers and sisters? Yes I do mother. No Beau you don't. Mommy can not have anymore children. Then Beau said, I know but these kids are at their homes waiting for us to get them and bring them home. I was taken back. I said what do you mean, Beau. He then told me that these were his brothers and sisters that were not happy and were waiting in there homes to come to ours. I was taken back by this. How could a three year old that has never been told about adoption or foster care know about this? How would he know that there were children all over that needed a good home? Mike and I knew at that point that the Lord was informing us that we did not need to go at our own pace with adoption and foster care but by his timeline and if we would not listen on our own then he would speak through our child. We have now had 6 children in our home and Beau has never been happier. He is patient and loving and for the first time since he was born I feel like our family is complete. I know that my children are waiting for me and that they will not come from me but will come from someone else but they are still my children. I will always be grateful to my son and to my father in heaven for hitting me in the head and telling me to get the ball rolling.
Posted by Desiree at 8:47 AM
UPDATE: November 3, 2009
We have finally found tow of our missing children. We were blessed this year by getting a call about two beautiful kids that were matched with our family. From the moment we met them we knew that they were ours. Over the course of almost 4 years we have had 11 children plus Beau in our home. I have had my heart broken several times by watching my "kids" come in and out of my life. Each of those children left something behind and helped us grow. They prepared the way for the children that would never have to leave us. For that I am grateful. We still have a kid or two out there waiting but it is all in our Heavenly Father's time.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Monday, October 19, 2009
Friday: I decided to make my Nieces birthday presents because I had learned som really cute crafts. I made here a crayon tote and some hair bows. This took all night but while I was sewing we had a family movie night and watch Halloween Town II on disney. My niece seemed to really like the presents at her party and I also made some for my three kids for Christmas.
Saturday: STATE FAIR! No Seriously, this is a huge thing in our family. We start talking about the fair in July! I was so excited about the fair that I could not sleep the night before. (How sad is that) After Beaus golf lesson we went to the fair and had so much fun. Princess and Beau got to ride the rides (with dad sometimes) for about 3 hours. The faster the better seemed to be the motto that day. It was fun to watch them get so excited about all the different rides and food. We also went to a tiger show and we all loved it. Princess loved it so much she wanted her daddy to catch her a tiger to bring home. No such luck. We got to see animals, games and lots of other fun things. Plus the food, that is just a given. Now it is over and we have a whole year to wait until the next one.
After fair still sat.: It was our nieces birthday party and we went there after the fair. We really enjoyed getting to see the family, hang out and talk. What I loved seeing most was our niece and princess being so excited about seeing eachother. They really love to play and have fun together. It is so cute!
Sunday: I realized that I had to have Beau's costume completed before the end of the week. If he wanted to be something normal this would note be a problem but no, my son has to be Ike from Mario Bros Brawl. So I get to look online at all the pics and try and figure this out. Really, I could rock a Project Runway challenge if it was about Nintendo Costumes. I make it work. I did finally get the costume done last night 6 hours, and then Beau put it on and I had to make him take it off when he went to bed. That is always the reward. Last year was link from Zelda and he did the same thing. He is so good about making a huge deal about how perfect the costume turned out and that it is so cool. Then he gives me a hug an all the stress from the sewing melts away.
Now the weekend is over and I am getting ready to decorate for Trunk r Treat at church but before then I am claiming tonight as a Mom Night. No sewing, no nothing but relaxing and enjoying the fact that I have nothing to do for a few hours. Maybe, this is my family we are talking about.
Friday, October 9, 2009
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Aria and Eddie- I know the Eli has already been born but we continue to marvel at how wonderful you both are as parents to this special child of God. He is beautiful and I only hope that all of our children will grow up together and feeling the love that only family can offer. I am looking forward to seeing this young man grow up and follow in his parents steps. I promis not to let Mike infuence him too much.
Mary and Martin- WOW!!!!!!! Yours took me my complete and utter suprise. Holy cow. We have been so blessed to have both of you in the family and I can not wait to meet the newest Downey. Mary, I too was not able to keep it quiet for the 3 months or even long enough to suprise my husband and that is what we love about you. I know that both you and martin will be excellent parents and that your baby will be loved and guided through this life in the best way. I also know that he or she will be fully versed in the marvel comics, wrestling and all things media. By the way, you know that our doorstep is always open for a little kid wanting to play video games. Please give martin a big hug for me!!!!!!!!
Kara and Ben- I am still tearing up. Just to let you know. Maybe it is just hormones or the fact that you and Angie were always there for me and I prayed that you would receive wonderful blessings in your lives. When I told Mike he said that he could not think of a better thing for you and ben. I know that you will be a great mom and Ben will be a great dad. I am just sad that I do not live close enough to you to help you through your morning sickness, laugh as you can no longer fit in the desk and come over and wash your dishes while you lose your plug. But you know I would!
To the friend that has yet to spill the news- You are already a mother and have a beautiful daughter (one that I would not mind my son dating if they were not kids) and you are also one of my very good friends. I am so happy about your news and can think of nothing that could have made this stormy day seem sunny. Mike (when I called) told me that when I told him about Kara that he had a feeling that you were pg too. You and your husband are wonderful people and I love that your family is growing. I will not add any personal things since you have yet to announce anything but know that if you need me I am there.
To all of them- We love each of you very much and please know that I could never express in words or on a blog the happiness and joy that I have that each of you are mothers. You have all been there for mike and I and even our kids and I hope that you each know that if you need anything, to talk, share pics, drive, support or anything that we would love to help. All of you live so far away and we miss you. Please keep us updated on your little ones.
Friday, October 2, 2009
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
I had one of those mornings that nothing went as planned and my checkbook took large hits. I woke up and while I was getting ready for work I was thinking about the fun time I had at the super saturday activity and then going to my nieces birthday party and then to fayetteville on sunday to visit our friends and how since I had such a rocking weekend my week would surely be the same, and then I left my room. The hall carpet was soaked because our indoor hot water heater has a leak. Yup! Well, I shook that off and went to wake up the boys. Upon opening the door I am smacked in the face by the most gag worthy smell and knew at once that I was going to be met with a mess. Link had poop coming out of the diaper and all over the place. I got the boys up and set Beau to getting ready for his 6:30 am bus. I then grabbed a walmart bag and took care of the poop monster. My good spirit was starting to drop. I then hear Beau fussing in the bathroom at his sister and he comes up and tells me that she had pooped in her pull up and when she woke up to go to the bathroom got it all over our bathroom. Nice mommy is quickly becoming something akin to the Hulk. After getting all the, well you know, cleaned up I send Beau out to wait for the bus. I stand at the door to watch and the bus flys right past him. My 8 year old then runs up to me and wants to know why his bus left him and didn't want to pick him up. So I then have to hunt down the transportation number and call to get the bus sent back to us. I decide to wait outside with him this time just to make sure nothing happens. When I get back in the house Princess found my chapstick and smeared it all over her head and Link broke our already broken screen door so I had to clean her up and fix the door. Oh I forgot that within all of our morning stuff our dogs kept breaking out of our back yard and I would have to chase them down and put them back in. Well, I finally get everyone dressed and we head out the door. Links bus is late and when I go to start the van to take princess to school it will not start. I am then late to work and had a busy day. What in the world is an optimistic girl like me to do with a randomly bad day like that?
The bipolar part of my day kicked in at about 5:04 when my hunky and incredibly empathetic husband pulls up to pick me up and gets out of the car to give me a kiss and tell me that my man would take care of the rest of the day for me. Really, Honestly, I have the best husband in the world. My kids were also there and just started telling about their day and making noises and laughing and I could feel that dark cloud being chased away by the love of my family. We also had a meeting with our adoption specialist and everything is still looking great and she was so happy with how the kids have grown and changed in the past 4 months. Great food and the return of some great shows finished off my night.
Really I guess I would rather have a bipolar day that ends like this one did than to have a depressing day that ends the way it begins. As long as I have Mike I doubt that will be the case.
Sorry for my vent but it really was hard yesterday morning but I handled it and even fell asleep rather easily last night. That is a plus for me.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
This name was given for two reasons. The first one is that they are all songs that I want to hear one last time before the Ipod dies. The second one is for those times when I feel like emotionally, physically or mentally I am about to die. These songs will usually fit my mood somehow, allow me to sing along and forget the problem or live in the moment. I have listened to this list of songs two times through today and it is starting to work its magic.
In case you are wondering here is the list.
Makin Whoopie- Ella Fitzgerald
my man- Funny Girl
baby mine- Bette Midler
fever- Bette Midler
alright, Okay, You Win- Bette Midler
I'm a Woman- Bette Midler
He's a tramp- Bette Midler
diamonds are a girls best friend- Marilyn Monroe
Goodbye to love- Carpenters
Kissing you- des'ree (romeo and Juliet)
Baby its cold outside- Ella Fitzgerald and Lois Armstrong
ev'ry time I say Goodbye- etta james
Claire De Lune
pure Imagination (maroon 5)
And All that jazz- Chicago
How Lucky can you get- Funny Lady
All I ask Of you- Phantom
Let's do it, Lets fall in love- delovely
Your Song- Moulin Rouge
Elephant Medley- Moulin Rouge
Love you didn't do right by me- White Christmas
At Last- Etta James
Mr Cellophane- Chicago
Sonata #2 - Beethoven
What are your Go to songs that fit every mood, moment or situation? This are only a few of mine but when your Ipod is about to die you only have so much time!
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Monday, August 3, 2009
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Sunday, July 26, 2009
1. Girls days are always fun. This lesson has little lessons worked into it. First little lesson is that wedges are the fat girls best friend. That's right I said it. When you are a big girl you can not possibly be expected to hold all that weight on your toes and the wedge is a great alternate shoe to still make you look hot but not hurt. Oh, I baught new shoes this weekend. Next, I took princess to get her ears pearced. She wanted it done and I said ok. She picked them out and at first wanted some uber expensive ones until I showed her some cheaper ones that looked just like the others. The little lesson learned here......old women will flock around a little girl getting her ears pearced and when she does not cry or scream they will pronounce that child the most precious child in existance. At least until the next little girl gets in the hot seat. Over all my little girls day out rocked. We also got some new polish and did our toes too, well, mike did mine. Refer back to fat girl part. Now to wait until she is old enough to sit through a musical and the real training will begin.
2. Big lesson number two is that a mommy can never sleep in. NEVER! So, I have not been sleeping well since mikes little hospital stay and so mike was going to let me sleep in and relax all weekend. Great plan except for the 3 little and not so little children that seemed to not agree with his plan. I am laying in bed reading and Beau pops his head in the door and then flying leaps into the bed and starts to talk about some kind of video game. Next I hear lots of giggling at the foot of the bed. Our bed is really tall so I had to take a wild guess that it was the rest of the chobits. The giggling stops and I hear princess tell her big brother to put her on the bed too and then link makes faces at me until I have no choice but to allow him on the bed as well. Then the fun starts, My feet under the blankets moving seem to be a wonderful magic trick for the younger two and the older one starts to think that it is gymnastics time. Finally mike calls that breakfast is ready and they all abandon me. I guess I am only fun until food comes around.
3. Never let your husband dress your daughter for church when you have a meeting you have to go to before it begins. Thats right Mike shows up to church right before the opening song and I look at princess and notice that all of her clothes are on backwards. Yes backwards. I think OK this is fixable and then I look at her feet. She had two white dress shoes on and they both looked nice with the outfit but it was the fact that she was wearing two right shoes of different styles. yup. Two right shoes. No left shoe because that would just be too convitional for her. I start laughing and mike looks down and notices and says that he thought that they matched because they were white. LOL heaven help the girl if her daddy thinks that all white shoes match. Thats ok, last week he let her come in her pink plastic dress up high heel shoes. I guess you just have to accept it and hope that your laughing does not disturb the church goers around you.
These were my lessons this weekend and they all made me realize how blessed and happy I am. I have a wonderful family and I love my job and my church. What more can a girl ask for......except the diamond ear rings that her daughter wanted.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
We are so happy. The past month the kids have lived with us has been wonderful. Even with princess coming down with the flu. It is so crazy how naturally we all fit in to the new family. It is as if they have been with us their whole lives. A truer testament to us knowing eachother before this life can not be found. All three of our kids had this crazy kind of instant bond that is hard to describe. I know with all my heart that all of my kids got together in heaven and said to each other " hey, you know those crazy taggards.....lets be their kids, they need all the help we can give them". (which is true...our kids keep us out of trouble) We are happy and the kids are happy. I am finally starting to feel like we are finding our missing children.
Beau turns eight this year! For those of you who are not LDS I will explain...... In our faith we believe that a person does not make the choice to be baptized or even need to be until they are at an age of accountabilty. An age that they are able to start understanding what is wrong and what is right. In our church that age is 8 or older. Mike and I decided a long time ago that we would let each of our kids approach us about baptism and not just expect it of them. We know that it is a sacred thing that must be entered into with a knowledge and desire to follow our savior. Derek came to us a few months ago and let us know that he wants to be baptized and we have been working with him to make sure that he is ready when the time comes. His baptism is going to be on July 18, 2009. We are all very happy and excited for him.
Oh, I forgot.....Mike also found out that he is diabetic. I hope this catches everyone up nice and up to date with our growing family.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Sunday, May 3, 2009
So now that I am done with the pity party I will talk about how things are going for the Taggard Clan.
We are still doing daily visits with the kids and were supposed to have an overnight visit but the kids ended up getting sick so we will just have to see when it will be resceduled. The visits are going really well and the kids and Mike and I are really adjusting and bonding well. Now if we could just get them here permanently I would feel better.
My birthday weekend has been really fun. We went and watched wolverine on friday night and out to dinner afterwards and ate some yummy food. Then on saturday we went down to dig for diamonds and then got rained on. You know what though it was so much fun. No diamonds but two wonderful men that love me and spoil me rotten. Then we came home and I woke up this morning to pancakes in bed..... well, a plate of pancakes brought to me in bed. dNow I am waiting for my Mikey Steak to be grilled and to watch a disaster movie and call it a day. Hey, When you get to be my AGE you turn in and keep the rocking down to a minimum.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
The Second visit went great. We finally got to meet our son! He is a very cheerful guy and is quickly falling into hero worship with his older brother. He followed Beau around and anything the big one did the little one would soon attempt. Princess also came along for the visit. She of course was dressed up and ready to play. We went to a park and got so caught up in pictures and playing that we almost missed dinner and meeting the case worker on time. My mom stopped by to visit the kids too since she was off work and close by. It felt great. All of the kids just seemed to bond so quickly. It helps that Beau is one of those kids that can make anyone feel good and peaceful and it has been a skill that has helped all of the foster kids we have had adjust faster and feel better. Within a few minutes he was making them smile and laugh by playing hide and seek and tickling them. He was very excited about meeting them. Link (little son- not real name) really surprised us. We were expecting a fussy baby and instead had a cheerful and very active kid. We spent two hours playing and have some great pics for everyone to see. We will be doing a visit everynight for the next two weeks and even have some weekend overnight visits. Again it is so hard sending these kids back to their houses when we know that they are our children but it will not be that way forever. Enjoy the pictures and I will keep you all updated.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Monday, April 6, 2009
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Mike being the ever romantic man that he is gave me a brown soda and started "Mama Mia" for me to watch while I work on my quilt. About half way through the movie Beau climbs up behind me and starts to rub my back and start talking to his dad. I look up and notice that the love of my life is gazing at me with that goofy "boy meets girl" grin and we start to loose ourselves in the gaze when a little voice asks "Dad, why are you looking at mom like that?" Mike just starts to laugh and I tell him that it is because his daddy loves me and that one day he will be looking at a girl like that and I will ask him why he is looking at her that way and he will tell me that it is because he loves her and wants to make her his wife. (I was pretty impressed with this comeback and thought to myself that it would be one of those moments he would recall at his wedding reception in a speech about how much his mom rocks but no....) To that Beau replied "mom your so silly" and the moment was gone.
Beau does gag a lot at mike and I but I can not help it, he is the man of my soul, heart and eternal happiness. We do gaze at each other over the kids playing, steal kisses behind corners, giggle at silly inside jokes and use winks as a way of kissing in a crowded room. Beau does not know it yet but one day I know that he will look at a girl the way Mike looks at me and that girl is going to know that she is his and only his. And then it will be my time to gag.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
What kind of world do we live in that a simple prescription after insurance is $70.00 for 15 pills. Does it really cost that much to make the pill? Will it cure the world of all it problems? Will it stimulate this economy? No, No and great heavens NO!
The medical situuation of this country is insane. I am not talking about the Doctors I am talking about the fact that medicine is ridonkulously high and so is health care. Most people in this country do not even have insurance. Nothing is affordable! Sorry you are dying please pick out a nice ozone friendly Funeral plan before you kick it! As you can all tell I am a little miffed at the idea that a tiny little pill can cost so much. I am afraid to take the things! what if they imbed themselves in the lining of my stomach and start producing little quarters since they are obviously made of diamonds and gold. Wait.......hmmmmmm......That might work! It might hurt but it might just work. Never mind I just discovered the way to pay for all my meds and medical care!!!!!!!!
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
I was blessed to meet a crazy and slightly rough neck man 10 years ago. We met at church, I was looking for the bathroom and this good looking guy asked if I was looking for the bathroom and I was not about to let him know I had to pee so I said no. That good looking guy was Michael. We were in young single adults in church together and did not really see eye to eye but some how there was a spark. We started to date and he proposed to me 2 months later. That is where our journey began. So now I will tell the world what I love about my husband. The reason for doing this is because I am not a touchy or emotional person and do not very often tell him why he is so wonderful. So here I go.
1. My husband spoils me rotten....I have to be careful about what I say I would like because knowing him it will happen or be given to me. he also comes and eats with me once a week at work for lunch dates.
2. Michael is a great father and I could not have asked for a better partner in raising our children.
3. He is the Romantic I wish I was. He is the guy in the movies that remembers everything and sweeps the girl off her feet. Just to give you an example he winks at me when we are around other people and those are the private kisses that we share in our minds. Others might think that we have dust in our eyes or twitches.
4. He always know what I am talking about when even I have no clue.
5. He does not mind that I am a little Femi-nazi and he even lets me think that I am more independent than I really am.
6. He is a great and skillful lover (very important)
7. He learned to like and eat veggies for me
8. He makes my spine tingle and my face blush just by entering a room and looking at me. (sometimes I even giggle like a little girl)
9. No matter how ugly I feel he makes me believe that I am the hottest thing on earth. (except for that one time I had the flu in 98 and he said I looked rough)
10. I will have him for eternity and he fills in the missing parts of my soul
That's the end. I condensed the list because I am sure you do not want all the details of why he is the best husband in the world but these are my favorites. By the way for valentines day he had flowers delivered on thursday, chocolate covered strawberries on friday and then took off a day of work on monday so that we had a day without kids to be together. It was nice.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Ways that Desilu is like Belle
1. I love books, I could be found at a wee age reading by flashlight at night...come to think of it you can still find me reading by flashlight at night. or anywhere for that matter. Getting lost in the worlds that are on the written page is one of my life long past times.
2. I have a beastly yet hunky man in my life. My husband mike is my prince. Just like bell had to tame the beast and get him to realize life was better her way, I too have had to do that. OK, so I am still working on the taming part. But he is a hairy, loving, and spoils me rotten type of guy.
3. Believes in happy endings. Yes that is me. I love that the girl and the boy get together and I am a pretty upbeat and optimistic person. Unless it is a good disaster flick and then I like for all the people to die. (muahahahahaha) or sims....they can die too.
4. Bursts into song. So, yeah. I do this. Even when I was a kid I would pretend that life was a musical and create little songs (and dances) in my head to fit what ever situation was at hand. Sometimes I get so carried away that the songs burst out of me and everyone else can hear the music too. Sorry to those of you that work with me. I will keep it down.
5. Cast of crazy characters. That's right. Anyone who has the kids I have or has the extended family I have has unlimited free entertainment. Sometimes I think my life would make a kick butt sitcom. Other times a tragic drama. But mostly the sitcom.
Ways that I am not like Belle
1. I do not speak french. I took french in high school but would then day dream, read or see number 4 above. Lucky for me I never burst into song in there. Well maybe a little.....
2. I would never have put up with Gaston I would have taken his gun and shot his....well you know.....off a long time ago.
3. I do not have magical objects at my beck and call to dress, feed and help me. I wish I did and sometimes try and get my kids to do stuff for me but alas, this has always failed. So until I get an enchanted tea set, clock or candle stick I am SOL on the lazy days attitude.
4. I am not a dancer. I stink at it and would not prance around a big old ball room with a teapot singing for the world to see. They would laugh and it would ruin the moment. I would totally rock that yellow dress though. Eat your heart out, belle.
5. You will also not find me running through a forest and fighting hungry wolves. If you know then you know that I freak out at the sign of rabid animals.
So in a nut shell Belle is the Disney princess I associate my life too. Oh and Mulan.....Hello that girl could for real kick some booty. But with my big hips and other things I could never pass for a boy. NEVER!!!!!! By the way if you like the Beauty and the Beast story check out Beauty by Robin McKinney. One of my Favorite books.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
PS mike change your font. Oh, and Mike on this is Beau he is using my husbands Log on.
desiree says: did you eat the cookies
Mike says: what oune minit Wait one Minute
Mike says: not yet
desiree says: ok
Mike says: is it ok iv I do my parucraf onlin Is it ok if I write my Paragraph online
desiree says: yes
Mike says: ok
desiree says: are you wanting to type it on here for me
Mike says: yes
Mike says: Math lab
desiree says: ok
Mike says: Today I went to math lab.
Mike says: It whus fun at math lab Was fun
Mike says: we Lernd about geumetrik shaps We learned about geometric shapes
desiree says: Geomeric
desiree says: Geometric (see I told you he comes by it natrually)
desiree says:Keep writing love
Mike says: then we leard about flip,slid and turn
Mike says: I hope sins lab is just as fun I hope science lab is just as fun
Mike says: the end
desiree says:very good paragraph
desiree says: did your teacher like your costume
Mike says: duckwusieatingstuf frum your paint baskit Dike (dog) was eating stuff from your paint basket
desiree says: did you get him out. It might be that cookie you dropped in there last night
Mike says: yes she seid Yes she did ( boy dog)
Mike says: it wus cute
desiree says: very funny b
Mike says: no he tuck ordumints frum it He took some ornaments from it
desiree says: wow
Mike says: he did
Mike says: i put it up
desiree says: Thank you
Mike says:your welcum
desiree says: B- I just want to tell you that you are one amazing young man and I can not wait until I can give you a hug
Thursday, January 29, 2009
2. That you could do a huge gymnastics thing down the halyway at work
3. That you were ment to be rich but something happened
4. That everyone but you was a robot
5. That you could correct all the worlds problems if handed the power and no questions asked
6. That it would be funny to see a monkey running through the office
7. That your kid was the funniest thing in the world
8. That ants are our to kill us all
9. That life would be better if it was a musical. For real folks it would be. Imagine mike doing the west side story snap.
10. That life would not be quite as great without your family, friends and faith.
..............Me too. I still believe in number 4 by the way.
Monday, January 26, 2009
So here is the story. Be Prepared it is full of romance, adventure, fear, excitement, heroes and more. If you think you can take it read on but if your heart is weak then stop here and just read the spoiler. Spoiler: Highlight to read: We Chopped down a tree. . Ok for the others, read on.
It all started on a bright saturday morning. Around 10 am to be exact. Knowing that my husband was planning to chop down the two bradford pear trees in the front yard at the end of the month, I suggested that he and I do it this weekend. What! Craziness you say??? It was, and I am paying for that decision to this day. Mike asked me if I was sure and I thought about it and said lets do it, how hard can it be. Wow, was that stupid to say. So anyways, We get outside and mike starts up the chain saw and starts hacking away at the tree. What was my job. I got to pull the rope to get the limbs to fall in the direction the we wanted. Then mike would cut the limbs into carry size pieces and I got to pick them up and carry them off. I lost count of the number of dead lifts I did but my hamstrings have not. Oh, did I mention that the reson we needed to chop them down is because I am highly allergic to them. Everytime they bllom I get welps and have problems breathing. While carrying the limbs I noticed that the tree had started budding. CRAP!!!!! That would explain the swollen eyes and itchy skin.
Finally we got to the trunk and a few larger limbs. Mike said that it would be fine to go ahead and take it down....Lesson to me, Get a second opinion. I tell mike about the episode of Toughest jobs where they chopped down trees and explain to him the correct way to chop it down.....Lesson to me, Shut your trap. I get a rope and start pulling on it to get the tree to not fall on the neighbors house and mike starts cutting. Holy Moly I notice that the tree is pulling me, now I am a big girl so this is kinda scary. I start yelling mikes name but do to the chainsaw he fails to hear me. The tree starts heading towards the neighbors house. I am leaned all the way back on the rope just praying and then Mike notices whats up and, True story, he drops the saw and puts his hands on the tree and starts pushing it in the opposite direction. He actually pushed a 20 or so foot tree away from the houses and got it to land where it needed too!!!!!! I just stood there staring at this hero of a man and could not help but thank all those years of comic book reading he did. A normal man that did not believe in super hero powers would have watched the tree take out a roof but not my man. He grabbed that tree and said " I will not let you win" and pushed down. He really is a strong guy. So anyways, we limb it up and I haul it to the road and then we decide to try and chop down the second one.
Have you ever been in the middle of doing something and realize that you got in over your head. Well, as mike and I were fighting with a huge like 15 foot long 12" thick branch that wanted to take out our bedroom I had that moment. I thought that we were going to ruin the house and maybe get killed in the process. I know mike won't say it but I think that he got a little worried as we were wrestling that thing from our house. We fought the branch and tried various different approches until finally we decided to combine our weight (not so light) and pull the sucker down together. We worked and pulled and I might have cried a bit but we got it down and the crash could be heard for miles.....well it did wake the napping kids. We saved our house and I called it quits. Mike did not like this but just like the Hero he is he accepted my plea and we called it a day and went to the movies.
I am sore, He is sore and the world is great. I am one and a half less trees less in my allergy filled world and My husband has dug himself deeper in my heart and soul. I will never forget seeing him holding that tree and pushing it over and I learned that a spoiled city girl can chop down a tree.....with a little help from her lumberjack lover.
Friday, January 23, 2009
The New President: I am quite optimistic about him. I do not think that he will be able to make Rainbows appear and angels sing everytime he snaps his fingers like some people do but I do think that he is going to work hard and I hope that he will be able to work across party lines and compromise in order for us to get back on track. His speach was really good too.
The economy: Hmmmmmmmm...... So I think about this one a lot in the wee hours of darkness and I am still a bit scared. I had an economics class a couple (6 years ago!!!!) that said that we were due for a world recession and economic crisis within 10 years and I guess she was right. I do not think that this will be short term but that it will take a long time for us to overcome this downfall. I was watching Kit Kidrige (Kids Movie: really good) with the family last weekend and it is about a girl and her adventures during the great depression and it was a little scary how closely it resembled today. The movie opens with a bunch of houses foreclosing and then People being laid off and so on. That is what we are going through right now and I am afraid that if we are not careful it could get as bad as it did back then. Mike and I are glad that we have food storage and things like that to help us if he gets laid off but that only lasts so long. If anything being butt broke is helping us become more aware of how we spend our money.
Beau Growing up: So I noticed B starting to work a little harder on his appearance. Brushing his hair and teeth without me asking, trying (not succeding) to match his clothes, hour long hot showers, making his dad buy him some Axe spray deoderant and wanting to use gel in his hair. Wow! Where is that little boy that ran around naked in our house because underwear made his junk crowded and did not want to take a bath because it would take away from play time. When i asked if he was doing this for a girl he said no. I then said...You know its OK to like girls and he did the cool guy finger gun point thing, winked and said I do like a girl and its you. So, for now my place in his heart is safe but I have this sinking feeling that it is slipping very quickly.
Gardening: I think we are going to try Grapes. B has been trying to grow grapes from grapes (seedless) for about 5 years and now that we are settled in our new house I think we will plant some for him. I am also going to take advantage of the yard space and being allowed to till it up and plant a reall garden this year too. Not just one in pots. I think that this will also help with paying for food. If we can get our veggies from our own dirt and not from walmart it will help us save a pretty penny or too. Who am I lying to it will be more than a penny. Well, Lets see if we can get the yard cleared up enough to plant. I hope so. We need to try this out.
Organizing: I can't help but think that there might be a better way of organizing things. This is something I love. But it bothers me to know that I might be missing out on a bigger and better way of color coding and indexing my life. This really does keep me up. Could there be another way to put my life in order? I will never know but I will continue to ponder this.
Thanks for hanging out and letting me get some thoughts out of my head. Those of you who know me also know that this will not keep me from staying up all night thinking about them but it never hurts to try.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
I decided that I would write a little about me for facebook today and while I was doing it I was listening to my Ipod and a song by Peggy Lee came on. The Song was "I'm a Woman". As I started dancing and singing along......yes, at my desk......I realized that there are so many days I feel like that song. So that is what I put down about me. That I am that song. I am on hard working, loving and awesome woman. W-O-M-A-N! I think that most woman fit in this category. We are not the old fashioned version of the 50's mom. I don't know about you but my grandma's didn't even fit in that. They were hard working, get it done and get it done right type women. All the women in my family, and my husbands, are like that we get it done no matter what it takes. Women today no matter if you work or stay home are expected to do so much and it is because we can and we will. We work, we are moms, we are wives, sisters, daughters, teachers.....fill in the blanks. We do so much and too many of us (me included) fail to see that. We are so obsessed with our faults and things that we mess up on that we forget to say..."dang I am on kick butt lady" or if you are classier than that..." wow, I am doing a swell job". Ladies, we need to remember that we are great and wonderful women and that what we do is amazing and what we fail at can not diminish that in even the slightest bit. I challenge all the women I know to recognize how great you are and take a minute to think about all the things that you do and what great things you have accomplished. I never do that but dang it (not classy) I need to start.
Words to the song for those of you who listen to music from this century.
I can wash out 44 pairs of socks and have 'em hangin out on the line
I can starch & iron 2 dozens shirts 'fore you can count from 1 to 9
I can scoop up a great big dipper full of lard from the drippins can
Throw it in the skillet, go out & do my shopping, be back before it melts in the pan'
Cause I'm a woman! W-O-M-A-N, I'll say it again
I can rub & scrub this old house til it's shinin like a dime
Feed the baby, grease the car, & powder my face at the same time
Get all dressed up, go out and swing til 4 a.m. and then
Lay down at 5, jump up at 6, and start all over again
'Cause I'm a woman! W-O-M-A-N, I'll say it again
If you come to me sickly you know I'm gonna make you well
If you come to me all hexed up you know I'm gonna break the spell
If you come to me hungry you know I'm gonna fill you full of grits
If it's lovin you're likin, I'll kiss you and give you the shiverin' fits
'Cause I'm a woman! W-O-M-A-N, I'll say it again
I can stretch! a green black dollar bill from here to kindom come!
I can play the numbers pay the bills and still end up with some!
I got a twenty-dollar gold piece says there ain't nothing I can't do
I can make a dress out of a feed bag and I can make a man out of you
'Cause I'm a woman! W-O-M-A-N, I'll say it again 'Cause I'm a woman! W-O-M-A-N, and that's all.
On a side note my husband Mike could very well fit this song too. as well as the rowe men and taggard men, the women in both of my families have been blessed with great and wonderful men that support and work side by side with their women. Michael, I want to say thank you for helping me see myself as a talented, smart, sexy woman and letting me know that you will always be their to catch me when I stumble. I love you.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Monday, January 5, 2009
Then I got to thinking...Holy Crap, I only have 11 more years before my son is a man. I hope that the years slow down and stop racing by us. It seems like just a few yers ago that we brought home a jello baby and now that baby is teaching me how to play chess. When did he get that big or smart? When did he develop his personality and the things that make him....Beau. It is amazing. Now I just have to make sure that I pay attenion and enjoy each moment until I kick him out in 11 years to start my old lady life.
It is just crazy how our lives are sectioned off and how we change throughout them, childhood, teens, college years, young married couple (combined with college years for us) kids, empty nest, golden years. I always enjoy what ever time I am in and look forward to the next. I am still getting over the fact that in less than 2 years I will be 30. thats right a full grown middle aged grown up.
I warned you in the subject, I've been thinking and my friends know that my thoughts are often random and un organized just like this post. I'm just sayin, it has been interesting looking backwards and forwards in my life. So, now it is your turn to sit down and think about where you have been and where you are going.